Do you feel like being part of the action?
Our offices are always looking for new volunteers.
Why be a volunteer for John?
- For fun!
- Flexible schedule
- To Share a Skill
- To do something different from your job
- Help Constituents
- Opportunity to learn something new
- Get socially connected
- Satisfaction from accomplishment
- Help to make Canada a better place
Four Categories of Volunteer Opportunities with Team Weston in the Riding
One – Receptionist and General Office Assistant
- Answering the telephone and recording telephone messages
- Phone follow-up to all RSVP requests for our events to non-responders
- Opening and Distributing Mail
- Greeting Constituents
- Light Filing
- Tracking Office Supplies
- Keeping the Office neat and tidy
Must be accurate, professional and confident! Please be ready to commit to at least two 3 hour shifts per week.
Two – Communications Assistant
Involves one of the following as needed:
- Graphic design: Knowledge of Photoshop essential, creative, can understand tasks and instructions via email
- Video editing: Be able to edit videos, add titles, make them look professional
- Camera operator: Basic knowledge on how to shoot documentary, reliable, trustworthy
- Website administrator assistant: Reliable, accurate, committed, need to know basic WordPress
Please be ready to commit to two 2 hour shifts per week.
Three – Data Entry, Research and General Clerical Work
- CRM database updates, deletions, additions, changes.
- Certificate Production for Constituent birthdays, anniversaries, births, weddings, new Canadians, accomplishments, thanks, appreciation, recognition etc.
- 411 look-up for New Canadians Phone numbers, by name and location. Transferring that telephone number information into our database.
- Completion of “Request for Greetings” form and faxing to Victoria, and completing an MP certificate, and mailing to constituent.
Must be comfortable with Word, accurate and detail oriented! Please be prepared to commit to two 2 hour shift a week.
Four – Event Wing Person for MP John Weston!
- Accompanying John to community events such as parades, picnics etc.
- Passing out Canadian pins and flags to attendees.
- Assisting John as needed!
Must be an upbeat ‘people person’! Required as needed – typically evening and weekends!
Ideally a Team Weston volunteer is willing to join our team for a four month term at least! Opportunities in the above categories are available as needed; shifts in the office are on a first come first served basis during regular office hours!
If you are interested please contact the office you would like to be involved in.